Sheikh Hani Al-Banna Released after 10 Days of Detention
2017-07-13 - 3:22 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Public Prosecution released on Wednesday Shiite cleric, Sheikh Hani Al-Banna, nine days after his arrest on July 3, 2017, following a visit to his detained son at Dry Dock prison.
The Public Prosecution detained Al-Banna on July 4, 2017 for two weeks pending investigation.
The authorities also released Sheikh Kadhem Darwish, one week after his arrest.
Bahrain has arrested dozens of Shiite clerics over their support for pro-democracy protests and for practicing their religious rites.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus