VIDEO: Qatari FM Says Doha Allowed those whose Qatari Nationality was Reinstated to Keep their Bahraini Citizenship
2018-01-12 - 9:19 p
Bahrain Mirror: Qatar's Foreign Minister Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman Al Thani said that the naturalization of Bahrainis issue was settled after a dialogue between the two states. He noted that Bahrain's Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa sent a message during the Gulf ministerial meeting stating this, revealing that Qatar allowed those whose Qatari nationality was reinstated to keep their Bahraini nationality due to the situation in Bahrain.
He added that Bahraini Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa and Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa have visited Doha in a later time but didn't tackle the naturalization issue at all.
The Qatari Minister explained in an interview with Qatar TV in Al-Hakika program that was aired on Wednesday (January 10, 2018) night that the Bahrainis who were naturalized are Qataris who have resided in Bahrain and returned to Qatar to demand their Qatari nationality back. He further stated that that's why their Qatari nationality was reinstated, noting that their issue is being discussed in a competent committee concerned with nationality reinstatement issues. He also pointed out that their citizenship is not granted by a royal decree as is the case of those who acquire the Qatari nationality by naturalization.
The Minister went on to say that "due to Bahrain's situation, Qatar allowed the holders of Bahraini passports whose Qatari nationality was reinstated to keep their Bahraini citizenship as well, although the Qatari law does not allow (dual nationality)."
- 2018-03-02Ali Al-Aswad from Geneva: Bahraini Authorities Failed to Convince Int’l Community the Opposition is “Terrorist”
- 2018-03-02VIDEO: Sayed Ghoraifi Takes Part in Freedom Martyrs’ Funeral in Karbabad
- 2018-02-23VIDEO: Washington Calls for Nabeel Rajab’s Immediate Release
- 2018-02-21US Department of State: We Will Continue to Have Conversations with Bahraini Government about Nabeel Rajab Case
- 2018-02-20Adam Nabeel Rajab: My Father Spent 4 out of 7 Uprising Years in Prison
comments powered by Disqus