British University and College Union Calls on Secretary of State Dominic Raab to Intervene to Immediately Release Al-Singace
2021-08-19 - 10:38 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): University and College Union (UCU) condemned the imprisonment of Bahraini academic and human rights defender Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace. The union said in a tweet that the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs Dominic Raab should intervene to secure Al-Singace's immediate release.
The UCU noted that Dr. Al-Singace has been imprisoned since 2011 because he stood for democracy. It indicated in another tweet that "One of Dr. Al-Singace's demands is that the Bahraini prison authorities return to him a book he had been researching and writing in prison for four years, and which they confiscated."
The union said that it is deeply shameful that a number of UK institutions is tied to this tyrannical regime.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour